2009/05/03

Hamamatsu Matsuri


I won’t write a lot in this posting, just upload some pictures that I took from central Hamamatsu to show you about Hamamatsu Matsuri (まつりor Festival). Actually the main event in Hamamatsu Matsuri is the three days kite festival (3rd, 4th and 5th May) where every 町 (Chou/Machi or town) in Hamamatsu city will send their representative group to fight each other through their kite in the sky until the supreme one kite flying unmatched.
A group from Tenmachou - 天馬町 during preparation

A group from Chitosechou - 千歳町 during preparation

The kite event performed during the day until afternoon and it will followed by parade of 御殿屋台 - Goten Yatai (A cart which is decorated beautifully) from every Chou/Machi in Hamamatsu at night. Every Goten Yatai accompanied by the Chou/Machi’s representative group (Gumi – 組) who carrying the Goten Yatai cart when the younger female playing Japanese traditional music by drumming a small drum or even taiko (big drum) and playing flute and shamisen (Japanese three string guitar) inside the cart.

Goten Yatai Parade during Hamamatsu Matsuri

I wonder what was that man doing on the top of Goten Yatai during parade?

Wait for a moment and take a rest a while before pull/push the cart again

Young girls inside Goten Yatai in white costum playing drum and shamisen

Sorry, I can't clearly read the letter that written on the lampion. It is their town's name.

Representative group from Tamachi - 田町

5 komentar:

giyzt mengatakan...

I passed that..a great matsuri in hamamatsu..hehe..thanks commented my blog.. by the way about music,..actually I prefer jazz than nasyid..muslim gaul your know about that..hehe..
nice english too..keep posting in english cause..not like me..in japan my english is 忘れて来た。。日本語 ばっかり で。。
I``ll link this blog bro.

kayas mengatakan...

jepaaaaaaaaaaang..
i always dream it..that someday i will be there at japan..
but until now, it was just a dream T_T
*nangis di pojokan*

AndoRyu mengatakan...

@giyzt
Actually, my english conversation ability since I've been living in Japan has become worst and worst because I never use it practically. Even at school I always use Japanese only for communicate, discuss and also hold a presentation. The only things I can do to keep or enhance if I can, watching movie and write something in english. But for this site, I will use both of language.

俺と一緒だゼ。。日本語ばっかりだけど。。。自分のために。。。やらないと。。

@kayas
catch you dream, even it's hanging on the star. 空も飛べるはず..Sora mo Toberu Hazu...

*cup...cup...cup...*

Putri mengatakan...

Festival layang2, ya ?
Segitu meriahnya, ya, pak ?

Belajar Bahasa Jepang mengatakan...

すげえぇまつりですね